Dear Parents and Scouts,
Tomorrow we will be rolling in to take the scouts to Summer Camp. Here are just a few things to remember:
Powhatan Summer Camp Dates for 2015: Sunday, June 21st – Saturday, June 27th
**** We will return on Saturday, June 27th between 12-1pm. We will begin calling parents when we are approximately 1 hour out from arriving at St. Leo the Great ****
1. Everyone must arrive at St. Leo’s parking lot in front of Boy Scout storage area no later than 6:30 AM. There will be coffee, juice and donuts for everyone while the scouts say their good-byes and prepare to board the bus.
2. Since there is no mail delivery at camp, you may bring any mail or packages the morning of departure for your scout to open up while at camp. Mr. Schouviller will be collecting letters or packages to be distributed while at camp. You may want to put dates for delivery.
3. Every scout MUST be in complete Class-A uniform with Class-B tee-shirt underneath for the trip up and back. Anyone not in complete uniform will be asked to purchase missing items. Mr. Aucoin will be performing uniform inspections
4. As your scouts arrive, they will need to check in with Mr. Robertello.
5. Medicines MUST be given to Mr. Greene.
6. Gear will be stored in the troop trailer. Mr. Pepin will be helping the scouts with the loading of gear and boarding a car.
7. Please don’t leave until you know that your son has everything he needs, has all the signatures, Merit Badge Books (they are being given out as they prepare to leave), and etc.
8. If you want to bring your camera, please do. There will be a group photo in front of the Church before everyone leaves. It is an excellent opportunity to get a shot that will be priceless a few years from now. It also is a good way to track your son’s development from a tween to a young man. Take advantage of the opportunity. Time flies and they age faster every year. Before we know it, they are off to college!
9. Your son should bring some money–about $40. 2 McDonalds-like meals ($12) and some spending money at the camp trading post ($28)
10. Finally you will need to validate your son’s medical form. It must be completed and turned in to Mr. Schouviller or your scout can not go.
11. Please review the attached suggested Camp_Packing_Checklist